Saturday, November 11, 2006

August 2006

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 02, 2006 10:12 PM, CDT
HI ALL!! Sorry my updates have been very few! This summer has been a very crazy one! We took one quick trip to Des Moines, IA to AdventureLand...and tomorrow we leave for Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City! MaKenna has had 5 stitches over her eye already...I was rearended and the guy ran...but don't worry...I chased him until I got his plate number and I called 911. HA! I got the last laugh! I sprained my ankle while showing our basement rooms to our 3 college ages boys who were staying with us while they did a camp at our church....it has just been CRAZY! As far as the adoption goes...it is slow going. The Ukrainian Govt shut down American adoptions until January. As much as we hate that, it may actually be a good thing for us as we need to get more stable financially. The adoption will cost around $20,000 and that is a problem at the moment, but our prayer is that come January, it will no longer be an issue. Sasha doesn't turn 16 until May, so we have a little bit of cushion time. Not much. Our ministry has been pretty slow going also. We still have all 10 kids available for sponsorship. Check out their pictures on the photo page. I listed the letters below. We did have our first presentation to a couple of small groups...and we will be speaking at our church congregation hopefully in the very near future. I also was told by Julia that she likes to use the Teen Christian Magazine Brio to mentor the girls with. So I e-mailed the head of Brio and they are sending us 50 issues! That was a blessing. Later Jeff and I will order a subscription for her. I have met a lot of people worldwide via online forums in some of my favorite Christian Music Artists websites. Many people who also have a heart for those children or who just want to learn more and help. I know I need patience because everything will happen in God's timing. It is hard though. I struggle with patience. That became apparent to me the other night when I couldn't sleep at all. I woke up and decided I was sleeping in while Jeff got up with the kids and we wouldn't go to church. Something woke me out of a deep sleep 30 minutes before we would have to leave for church. My inner voice said, "Get up and go to church." I said, "Nope...I am sleeping." The inner voice said, "Why can you get up when you have other things to do when you are tired, but you sleep in today?" I got the hint...got up and went to church. The sermon was on patience. Hmm...think Somebody wanted me to hear that sermon? That was an AHA moment for me! If you have anymore questions regarding the sponsorships, please visit www.youthofukraine.org. Pass this all on...and pray. Thanks again for your support!Blessings, Tonya

No comments: