Thursday, May 21, 2009

A simple cup of tea....

Ira (a 10th grader from the orphanage) is the girl I get together with quite often. This month she went camping for a week to the mountains in Crimea. As we got together and got some tea and cakes in a cafe she shared with me about her trip. It was a great time for her and her friends and though they got wet one time under the rain she really enjoyed the trip. We talked for about an hour when she finally said that sitting like this in a cafe with me listening to her over a cup of tea is just what she needed to feel that she is back from the trip, because a real home you return to is a place where there is someone ready to listen and ready to make a cup of hot delicious tea for you.....Sometimes, Sergey and I are wondering whether we are making any difference in the lives of these kids, there are so many of them and they have so many needs....but moments like these make me both - want to cry and want to continue serve to God by serving them. God, thank You for the cup of tea I can offer to these girsl!

No comments: