Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ministry Update from Tonya

Hi all! This is Tonya! I thought I would write a quick update on how things are going with Youth of Ukraine. Things on Julia and Sergey's end are going great to our knowledge! I am SO proud of all that they have done and are doing! They have great big ole' crowns waiting for them in heaven some day with all kinds of rare stones all over them!! :-) The work they are doing is making a big difference in the lives of A LOT of kids!!! I get chills just thinking about what they are doing.

On this end, we are still very small...I read a quote the other day. I honestly don't remember where it came from. Just know...it is not my quote, but I am going to borrow it.

"When the idea isn't right, God will say NO. When the timing isn't right God says SLOW. When everything is right God will say GO; because I have created you to love and share the meaning of love to each and everyone "

This quote made me feel better. I don't think the idea is wrong...so I don't think God is saying no...but the timing isn't right perhaps, and that is why God is saying slow. OR...now IS the time...but maybe I am not being obedient in getting the ministry into other people's hearts and minds. Either way, we are going slow...but WE ARE growing...it just is still a bit of a struggle to get everything that Julia and Sergey need on a month to month basis. My dream is that we have around $800-$1000 a month for them...we average about $400 a month...sometimes more...sometimes less. So we have a ways to go in our support...but we will get there. I ask that all of you spread the word of Youth of Ukraine to your family and friends. See if this is something that they might consider supporting. Julia and Sergey are doing wonderful things...and I can only imagine what they could do if they had even more resources at their disposal. Thanks for listening!!! We are SO thankful for each and every one of you for the support you give whether it be financial support or prayer support. All support is SO appreciated!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!!

Blessings to you and yours!

Tonya

No comments: