Thursday, August 6, 2009

What's on your mind?


I just wanted to share what has been on my mind this summer. I love spending time with younger girls – listening to them, praying with them and just hanging out with them. Two of the girls I have been meeting with regulary this summer are both 16 years old from the orphanage. Both of them started dating for the first time in their lives this summer and they were sharing all about it with me. As we sat at a cafe or at my place or at the park talking numerous times this summer, as we prayed together,as they called me and shared on the phone I thought that it has been a great priviledge and responsibility for me to be the person they turn to for advice and feedback. I also felt sad at times because every girl should have a mom to talk to about their boyfriends and other things in life.....I felt a strong sense of God's presence during these talks because God wants to fill every empty place in the lives of His children with His love. Emptiness in the lives of these kids and teenagers is great. They dont have a father to give them a hug and take them for lunch, they dont have mother to listen to them and fix them a cup of tea, they dont have grandparents to spoil them. Still God's desire is to lavish His love on them abundantly and He does it through people whose hearts belong to Him. He can do it through you as well. There are many ways to minister to these kids if your heart's desire is to serve them, just pray and God will show you His way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Thank you and your husband so much for being a blessing to the youth.

Russ and Donna Rediger
Ramstein, Germany

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for such encouraging words and thank you for donation!

Julia