Monday, August 31, 2009

Safety in the arms of Jesus

As I got together with one of the girls from the orphanage last week and talked over a cup of coffee. I heard a heart breaking story about her family and life before she came to the orphanage. Her mother was often beaten severely by her dad and her mother was beating her grandfather. Her grandfather was the only safe person in her life since other members of the family were alchoholics. Her life was filled with beating, unsafety and pain. One time her mother simply walked away from the house saying that she will never return to that hell. Her grandfather died after months of beating from his son in law. She was sent to the orphanage and said that it was a safe and stable place for her compared to her home.

As we talked and she literally cried on my shoulder I had a chance to share these words of God with her: Luke 4:18-20 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him."

Jesus came to heal the brokenhearted and kids without parents are definitely on His heart and mind. As I shared these words with the girl I sensed the strong presence of the Holy Spirit. He was there to calm her pain with these words. The word of God always bears fruit and healing of the hearts of His people is one of them . God is almighty so He can heal any wound. I also shared these words with her: Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

No matter what people might do to us, it can never ruin God's perfect plan for your life.

1 comment:

Russ R said...

Thank you for sharing and ministering to the broken hearted.